Monday, May 29, 2006,

26 May 2006. Friday.
Parent Teacher Dialogue.

I started writing this entry many times, only to have to pause and have breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper. Now, I've kind of lost my train of thoughts.



URGH!



Nevertheless, let me just write a few things...




The Parent Teacher Dialogue was a shame. Alot of parents teared. And I really mean, ALOT.



A thought went through my mind whenever I saw those shimmering tears welled up in yet another parent's eyes, "If only I could film this down. If only the kids could see for themselves just how much their parents care for them." And, if I can't film it down, well, what I can do most for these parents is to pen all these down. Then, let the seemingly mature kids of 3E3 decide for themselves...







Tears.



There were tears of exasperation (read: PEK CHEK). Exasperated at the feeling that they are unable to be the understanding parent that their child so badly wants. Exasperated that their child can't understand that it is not that they want to restrict their freedom at times; it is not that they want to stress them at times. For all they want, is for their child to understand that STUDIES will at least ensure a better future for them.



Is man cheap or? Can't man learn from history? In this case, parents hope that their child can learn from their history and realise the importance of studies and not wallow in self-reproach when faced with a simple survey and be unable to fill it in.



Tears.



There were tears of tiredness. The "hassle" of having to juggle between a sick family member, a job, a family and more. Sometimes, you can see a parent's disgust at the mere 24 hours a day. For they so badly want to excel in their role as a daughter, a mother, a wife, an employee and yet be able to have time for themselves. Is it the parents' fault that they are trying to do the best in every role required of them?



Tears.



Admist the "tears of negative energy", it was refreshing to see tears of happiness at seeing the improvement in results and/or character. It almost makes staying back one year so much more worthwhile.



Tears.



There were indeed so much tears. Tears when something that was said struck a chord with the parents. If there had not been tears, the unmasked emotion which a parent could only show to an outsider left just as big an impression in my mind.



Sometimes I would like to shake youngsters awake... Please see for yourselves how happy or sad you can make someone who cares for you feel...



Never think that your action affects only yourself. For, each of you is too valuable and there's always someone out there who values you.



Last but not least, please read the comments in your report card which I painstakingly wrote over a few days carefully.



With love, Ms Sim.

Labels:


stronger than you seem,
smarter than you think .

9:58 am